Dental Care Tips For Babies – Baby Dental Care Suggestions – Taking care of your baby’s dental health is absolutely essential from the start. We often think that babies don’t really need any sort of dental care until they get their first tooth but it is important to start early on.
Taking care of your newborn’s gums will also help him maintain good dental and oral health. These simple yet effective dental care tips for babies can be put into practise.
Dental Care Tips For Babies
- For newborn infants Use a clean, wet cloth to wipe your baby’s gums. This helps in removing milk deposits on the gums and milk teeth.
- For babies under 1 Year Once the baby gets his first teeth, you can start using a silicone brush. When the baby starts having more teeth, you can switch to a baby brush. This is one of the best dental care tips for babies.
- For 1-3 year olds Children should brush their teeth for 2 minutes, twice a day. Use a rice grain-sized amount of toothpaste for children aged 0 to 3, and a pea-sized amount of toothpaste for children aged 3 and up.
- How to brush When brushing your baby’s teeth, use a circular motion. Remember to brush on the outward surface, chewing and inner surface as well.
- Don’t make brushing your teeth a chore. The more you make it feel like a chore, the less interested your child will be. You can distract him by singing a song or telling him an interesting storey. One of the best dental care tips for babies is to distract them.
- Which toothpaste should I use? After your baby has learned to spit, start using fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride makes the teeth harder and prevents cavities.
- Don’t make brushing your teeth a task. The more you make it feel like a task, the less interested your child will be. You can distract him by singing a song or telling him an entertaining story.